What separates a good catcher from a great catcher is how well the catcher can block a baseball. I will be giving tips about blocking a baseball properly passed down from my catching coach who is an all conference catcher.
- Be on the balls of your feet
- Be in block throw or receiving stance
- Right before the ball hits the ground shove your glove into the dirt with your bare hand behind it
- Slide forward with your knees towards your glove.
- While sliding forward angle your chest facing the ground and your shoulders facing inward
- DON’T BE AFRAID