As a baseball player who is only 5’2″ I do not rely on power a lot, I rely on speed. I believe that having a quick swing is one of the most important abilities to have if you are a baseball player who relies on speed. I will be giving you tips on how to develop a quicker swing.
- Step into the batter’s box
- Set yourself up
- Make sure your arms form an upside down V
- Make sure to cock your arms backward before you swing
- While you are swinging make sure you keep your shoulder strong, do not drop your shoulder.
- Your arm should follow a diagonal line ( Just remember the quickest route from point A to point B is a straight line)
- try to keep your swing as tight as possible or as close to your body as possible
- Follow through and be consistent
Thank you for reading this I hope this helped you have a quicker swing!